The news stories on this page have been written and produced by a third party and neithernor its representatives can be held responsible for the accuracy of the content/information contained within these stories.
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
Citywire Investment News
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 07:03:00 +0000: Buxton on the Budget: Still on the garage forecourt? - Wealth Manager: Latest News
Automotive quips, support for new, cleaner car technologies, and some deft salesmanship from the Chancellor aside, this Budget was motivated more by political concerns than economic ones, says OMGI CEO Richard Buxton
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 07:00:00 +0000: Woodford backs top holding after hedgie attack - Wealth Manager: Latest News
Neil Woodford has publicly backed Prothena, the top holding in his Patient Capital trust, which came under attack from short-sellers earlier this month.
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 05:00:00 +0000: The Expert View: Kingfisher, Thomas Cook and SSP - Wealth Manager: Latest News
Our daily roundup of analyst commentary on shares, also including Countryside Properties and Charles Stanley.
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 03:30:00 +0000: Thursday Papers: Hammond eases off austerity - Wealth Manager: Latest News
And OBR slashed Britain's growth forecast on sluggish productivity and miserly pay.
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 03:26:00 +0000: Overnight Markets: Amazon lifts Nasdaq to record close - Wealth Manager: Latest News
The Dow and the S&P 500 fell after the Fed expressed concern about the impact of the market's sharp rise on the economy in a summary of its previous meeting.
BBC Business News
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 07:28:01 +0000: Budget 2017: MPs rally round Hammond after growth gloom - BBC News - Business
Economic forecasts put the chancellor under pressure but Tory MPs back him on stamp duty and Brexit.
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 05:21:28 +0000: Broadband firms must ditch 'misleading' speed ads - BBC News - Business
A radical shake-up of broadband advertising will change the way ISPs promote the speed of net services.
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 01:45:25 +0000: Budget 2017: Tech giants targeted over tax payments - BBC News - Business
Large technology companies will have to pay tax on royalties made on sales in the UK.
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 01:39:53 +0000: Christmas fraud: Mobiles and clothes top presents targeted - BBC News - Business
Christmas fraud is increasing, and police are urging the public to be vigilant with buying presents.
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 00:16:33 +0000: Zebras not unicorns - BBC News - Business
A new movement calls for tech investors to back more start-ups led by women and people from ethnic minorities.